Thursday, April 8, 2010

I think I am finally starting to recover...

I guess I shouldn't complain. I know there are quite a few things worse than spending 11 days in Italy for spring break. I was lucky enough to chaperon my son's Latin Club trip over there. I can't imagine a better trip.
  • Three days in Venezia and the surrounding Islands
  • Three days in Firenze with a side trip to Siena
  • One day in Assisi
  • Three days in Rome, including Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday. Actually ate dinner at a place where I could look out the window from my table and see the Colosseum!
  • One day on the Island of Capri (which has to be the most beautiful place I have been, not including HOME!) 
Once I get a chance, I will post a couple of my better math related pictures, like some of the 17 wallpaper groups I found on different manhole covers, or some of the frieze patterns found in some of the tiles at different churches.

No comments:

Post a Comment